Friday, July 30, 2004

Black Market Dissonance. Third Edition.
A collection of selected poems

© 2004 by Danielle Arsenault


Poems:
Soup of the day
01/01/01
The Train Ride

Billy
Old Conformity
Idle chitchat fills a void
fields of wrath
The Audition
War: I never knew
Ocean Road
Junior
Political Chauvanist
Focus Sweetie
Only one seductive offering
Lonely cigar
Hit the Hot button
Taping Jack Rock
This inevitable change
Bus Stop
they broke the mould
Decide
dream drum
The Best Rice Pudding

Soup of the day
It has been awhile since the pen has ventured forth
A voyeur
Thinking of terrible things – pessimist
I am developing a theme of nonsense
And it makes me happy
Nonsense makes me happy

Today I like the taste of lime
Lime flavored wine gums

Winter is fast approaching
But I’d rather not think about that when my bladder is full
We are going to your favorite small town restaurant – The Bambi Inn
People eat alone
I prefer to slurp my soup.
Soup of the day

A little girl falls in love with my hair
It is pink
Pink like an elephant if an elephant was pink


01/01/01
Intriguing unknown
In a magical wonder land
He caught my eye –
Captivation


The Train Ride
Beginning this corrugated journey
Tracks saw edged
This ride jostles my hand
While peering through tinted glass
That defends my head from the decapitating wind

I admire the artist’s palette
A terrain of golden dotted green
And salt n’ pepper scars of indigenous rock
Clouds cut mountain tops
And clear to reveal snow sown points

Upon the valley crossing
I peer through foreground fencing
On the broken river viaduct
I am reminded of flickering picture shows
A documentary of our land
Old land
Immediate night falls-
Attacked black from the train’s tunnel
Then light appears again
Revealing autumn leaves crisp descending
The conductor speaks of the greater wool
That comes from high alpine areas

The relentless toilet speaks sounds shocking
Of swoosh and slurp
If the detachment of train cars occur,
I will be a panic with my pants down
Rapidly advancing into a cavernous crevasse